JSC “Dneprotyazhmash” has successfully designed, manufactured, tested and delivered modernized Throttle Unit to PJSC “Zaporizhstal”, one of the largest metallurgical plants in Ukraine. Being one of the leading supplier of equipment and spares for metallurgy, and having its own design and technological institute, Dneprotyazhmash constantly modernizes its product range, updates its parameters and properties, increases its reliability and ergonomic features, elongates lifetime of the equipment and its overhaul period.
The latest Throttle Unit for Zaporizhstal is notable for the following features:
· Wearing parts are welded with a hard-face layer of HRC > 63 that prevents their abrasive wear and increases lifetime of the Throttle Unit: overhaul period of more than 6 years, effective life of more than 18 years;
· Bearings are displaced from wear-active zone and zone of abrasive gas mixture, transmitted by the Throttle Unit, that increases their lifetime and facilitates their replacement;
· Unlike the previous design, where bearing and sealing systems have same lubrication point, now lubricant is separately provided to bearings, and to sealing;
· Throttle Unit is equipped with a modern and environment-resistant turn-angle indicators that facilitate its exploitation;
· All electric equipment used in the Throttle Unit are supplied by well-known suppliers and, in case of necessity to repair or change those, such task can be easily fulfilled by the Customer during maintenance operations;
· Covers of valve shell are equipped with specially designed hooks that facilitate their removal or installation, and their mass is decreased by 20%, so that fewer personnel are needed for servicing of the Throttle Unit.
JSC “Dneprotyazhmash” is a well-known supplier of throttle units. In the previous years we supplied such equipment to ArcelorMittal Temirtau, Severstal, Alchevsk and Mariupol Metallurgical Plants.